Parent/Family Mentoring & Coaching
The definition and role of family has evolved and changed significantly in the past generation. No matter how you define your family, most people agree that an emotionally healthy family can be a great source of love and support.
Not all families are so fortunate. The love and support that occurs in a well-functioning family can often be replaced by hurtful words and actions, conflict, chaos, and hostility. If you’re finding it hard to adapt or to communicate about your experiences with your family, then the help of a caring professional can help guide you into more effective ways of dealing with:
- Parent/Child Conflict
- Poor Communication
- Sibling Conflict
- Grief and Loss
- Single Parenting
- Sexuality Issues
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Blended Family
As a family you can expect the following services from CARE Family Counseling Service (CFCS):
- CFCS stress the important role that relationships play in emotional health.
- CFCS welcome the opportunity to work with many different forms of family.
- CFCS define the concept of family quite broadly.
- CFCS regard the family as a whole to be the “client”. Therefore, I emphasize factors like family roles, boundaries and communication patterns rather than putting all of the emphasis on the traits or symptoms of individual members.
- CFCS have sessions that include other individuals or groups that play a role in the functioning of the family, including children, parents, spouses/partners, grandparents, and friends to name a few.
- CFCS You may begin to see that, when it comes to the issues, everyone has a part to play, not only in maintaining the problem but also in contributing to the solution.
- CFCS take a solution-focused approach when working with families and groups. We’ll work together on defining what is troubling your family and explore what is involved in creating healthy ways of living and relating to one another.